New love birds’ moment! It’s a vacation spent together by a newly married couple. After wedding, the couple usually celebrate with a vacation. For some, the best honeymoon can be taken in Africa.
Today, honeymoons are celebrated in destinations considered as exotic or romantic. One of the countries that offer amazing holidays is Uganda, an East African country that has been named “the little Africa”! From Uganda, you can engage in some of the soft adventures as well as rare animal experiences such as gorilla trekking safaris and chimpanzee watching adventures in the tropical rain forests.
While on honeymoon, the couple chooses to do romantic activities like the following:
- Relax and chill at the shores of water bodies – New couples enjoy the sunbathing, sand bathing at beaches and the fresh cool air from the water bodies. In doing so, the couple is erasing the poor memories went through all the way from the beginning or love to the wedding day. The couple can take a drive and chill or socialize with the people around.
- Attending night clubs – if the couple enjoys drinking alcohol, music and dances, attending night clubs is the best option especially in major cities and towns. You can hire a drive to take you to the best night club, enjoy yourself and return to your accommodation for relaxation.
- Boat cruise- the sun rises boat cruise on Kazinga channel and the sun set boat to the bottom of Murchison falls among others are fascinating. Other water bodies for boat trip includes Lake Victoria, Lake Muntanda, Lake Bunyonyi, Lake Kyoga among others. Water boat cruise rewards the views of water loving mammals, birds and so on. Take photos and return to your accommodation for relaxation as you wait for dinner and overnight.
- Direct interaction with nature – enjoys white water rafting, go swimming, sand bathing among others. Feel the nature and erase all the poor memory while with your soulmate.
- Experience Luxury – enjoy Spa treatment, luxury drive, relax at the beach among others. It will help you to relax your mind as you enjoy the romantic vacation with your soulmate.
- Mountain Biking – the couple can hire bikes or move with their bikes. Get a local guide to direct you throughout the journey. Exercise your body and interact with the people in local community. Return to your accommodation for meals and relax as you wait for overnight.
- Forest walk – enjoy the jungles of Uganda- feel the fresh air and listen to the unique sounds of the forest creatures like birds, insects, animals and tree branches among others. It’s crucial to hire ranger guides to comfort and educate you throughout the walk.
- Capture every moment – when its capturing moment, I mean taking photos and films of your selves and other attractions to come across. Remember to carry powerful cameras with updated specifications to be able to capture every amazing moment.
- Enjoy romantic moment activities with your soulmate. Go conjugal interactions to the fullest.
10.Go primate trekking – Uganda is a haven of primates like Mountain Gorillas, chimpanzees, Golden Monkeys, baboons and so on. You can choose any basing on your interest, budget and schedule.
- Indulge in Festivities like end of year day, Christmas, Easter among others. You can target a festive season to match with your honeymoon vacation.
- Birding – Uganda is a birding paradise boasting a massive bird list of more of than 1073 recorded bird species making up 50% of Africa’s bird species and 11% of the world species. This huge bird list is contained within a small territory of only 90041 square miles (about the size of Britain), hence having one of the highest concentration of birds per square kilometers in Africa. Birding in Uganda rewards with easy spotting of many birds by covering just a small area or birding for a short period of time. Major birding destinations in Uganda include Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Semuliki national Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Lake Bunyonyi, Murchison Falls National Park and Mambamba Shoebill stork among other.
- Mountaineering – Some couple may decide to climb mountains like Rwenzori, Mgahinga and Elgon among others. You will feel the experience while up lands.
- Visit a winery – move to the winery to buy some drinks some drinks, relax and sleep thereafter.
- Date night – Date night definition, an evening social date on which a married or long-term couple go out together: I enjoy a once-a-week date night with my husband.
- The romantic sun rise – wake up and watch the sun raising. You can have a cup of tea or coffee while seated on a clear plat form where it can be clearly seen.
- City tours – major cities and towns in Uganda offers a lot to visit. You can visit night clubs, malls, historical sites, religious affiliated sites, market places among others.
- Visit the source of river Nile – The longest river in Africa and the world at large. You can drive to Jinja town – look for River Nile and then enjoy the boat to its origin.
- Hot Air Balloon – Hot Air balloon safaris are organized in Murchison Falls National Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park. Here, the couple see animals at aerial view and offers a wide view coverage.
- Hit the road to view unpredictable attraction – Hit the road at leisure to any destination to see things which were not planned. You can hire a local guide to take you to new places.